Saturday, September 5, 2009

Homework Packet

Some of you were a little confused on what was expected on the homework. I've changed it around a little and tried to make it easier to understand. I've included a page where the students can write out the list of words with different vowel sounds, and I simplified the paper for spelling. I think these were the two biggest confusions. I also assigned each math worksheet (there are two) to a specific night.

The students will get the homework packet on Tuesday and it will be due on Friday. Our homework will always follow this pattern-they get it the first day of the week and they will turn it in on the last day of the week. I'm starting an external motivator to help them to become internally motivated to do their homework :) For each week they turn in their homework on time and complete, they will receive a token. When they have two tokens-they get an otter pop! It doesn't get any better than that!

Parents-please do all you can on your end to teach your child about the importance of developing strong homework habits. I'm so grateful for the support I've already seen! I don't like to give out too much homework because I think it can take away from family time if there is too much; but I do understand the importance of developing good habits at a young age. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about any part of what is expected of your child outside of class time.

Miss Bingham

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the HW all put together in a packet and a week to do it. We work on it almost every day, but if a day gets by, we just know we have double the next day. Calvin seems to take it pretty seriously. I wish my older kid's teachers felt the same way. I appreciate what you're doing for him. He seems quite happy. (Despite the occasional sicknesses and injuries :)

    ReplyDelete